- Ensure that the primed timber is free from any dirt, oil or any other surface contaminants. Remove thoroughly by wiping clean or lightly sanding.
- Optimum performance of any Woodhouse Weatherproof® product is achieved when the finishing topcoats are applied within 8 weeks of installation. If the primer appears to, or becomes chalky or loose, lightly sand these areas as required and re-prime with a premium quality primer. Seal any cut ends prior to installation with a preservative end sealer as required, followed by a quality primer to ensure the treatment envelope is resealed.
- The LOSP (light organic solvent preservative) treatments used in the Weatherproof® range are non-corrosive with conventional fittings that have been classified as hot dipped galvanised.
- Fill any defects or nail holes with wood putty. Sand to an even finish and spot prime all affected areas.
- Apply 2 topcoats of either quality acrylic or solvent based paint to the prepared product
- To achieve the best performance of your Woodhouse Weatherproof® product, maintain the finishing coat system as per the topcoat manufacturer’s instructions, re-applying as directed or as needed.
Our Weatherproof and Edgeline range comes pre-primed and ready for final coating. Weatherproof timber if factory primed pink using Tabmans (PPG) paint. As timber is a natural product, the use of light colours for top coats is recommended. Dark colours could have the potential to increase temperature and lead to resin bleeds. PPG Industries provide a warranty on our Weatherproof timber for a period of 10 – 15 years from installation and completion of top coating in accordance with the conditions set out on the label directions under normal exposure conditions for: Taubmans Endure Exterior Gloss Acrylic, Taubmans Endure Exterior Low Sheen Acrylic, Taubmans All Weather Gloss Acrylic or Taubmans All Weather Low Sheen will not: Blister, peel and flake.